Friday, May 31, 2019

Elevator Assembly May 30

RV14 Build May 30


Elevator


The day before I noticed I missed priming 2 parts so today I started with that so hopefully the primer will be dry before I need them in the assembly. I used the detail spray gun and it worked great for this. I mixed up only 1 Tablespoon and maybe used half!
Priming the bottom skin of the RV14 trim tab and 1 of the rear fuselage bulkheads


I am going to work both elevators at once as long as it doesn't get confusing. The plans have me start with the rear spars, stiffeners and rivnuts. I used the squeezer to set all of these. I cranked up the PSI and the squeezer is actually setting the larger rivets!!
Elevator Spar Assembly


Next I put on the horns and counterbalance flanges. The horns were a little tricky since they angle in I couldn't use the squeezer, although I tried and had to drill out those rivets and start again.
Spar horns and counter balance flanges installed



Next was the counter balance skins.
Rear fuselage counter balance skins

Since I had primer left over I decided to touch up the right rear spar flange where the primer looked light.


2 Rear Spar assemblies completed!


Rudder travel stops.


Elevator 7.5 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...