Monday, May 27, 2019

Aft Fuselage May 19

RV14 Build May 19


Still working ahead on the next section while I wait for my primer. First I continued to debur the Horizontal Stab attaching brackets. It took a little time because they are thick!

Next is the first real fabrication you have to do in the kit and all it is is cutting angle iron to size for the F-01411D Horizontal Stab Attach Bar and the F-14113-L&R Rudder Stops.

It took me a little bit to figure out the drawing and copy the cut marks onto the piece. Once I figured it out and it was to the band saw!

This is after the first cut, you can kinda tell that the sides angle in now.


The finished piece, before deburring.


Next up the Rudder stops. These went a little smoother since I am more comfortable reading the drawings and using the band saw.


All finished with the fabrication just need to counter sink the holes. I way able to use the Micro-stop counter sink tool on the outside holes, but the once closer to the flange I used the hand speed debur tool.


Next up was the mounting plates for the Vertical Stab. Mocking up, drilling and deburring.


I used the 3m cut and polish wheel to round the edges of the flange tabs so the skin will smootly rest against the radius.


Rear Fuselage 5.0 Hours




No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...