Monday, May 27, 2019

Aft Fuselage May 25

RV14 Build May 25


Aft fuselage


Decided to come to the shop today after my race, not a good idea, I was so tired after 2.5 hours I called it and left. The rear spar for the Elevator trim tab I had to re-order because is CS both ends showed up so I reworked that properly this time.


Then moved on to mocking up the rear bulkheads. I didn't want to do any primer prep because I was on call for the next 2 days and didn't want to clean a bunch of metal just to have to do it again because it sat too long and oxidized.



Match drilling the #30 holes on both bulkheads and the HS attaching bars, except the bottom hole is a 1/4". I used the drill press for this just to be safe with the larger bit I didn't want it wandering=.

Rear Fuselage 2.5 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...