Friday, November 20, 2020

Section 33 Rudder and Brake System, Parking brake

RV14 Build October

Section 33 Rudder and Brake System

I decided to install a Matco parking brake. I started with the cable to see how much control throw I would have.

Then put the valve o nte bracket and started to imagine how to mount it up. The L bracket it something I added during the build knowing I might install a parking brake.

This was the basic bracket mount that I came up with.

Its getting real, cut the tubes from the kit to install the valve.

Ordered some new tube components.

Started to measure and cut the tubes to length and installing end fitting and into the valve.

New lines are installed valve and ready to go into the airplane.

Valve temporarily installed to check the 3D mounting plate. You can see the black plastic below the valve. I had to reinforce it with fiberglass for now till version 2 gets printed.

The lines come from the left side brake cylinders into the Matco valve, then to the respective sides on the firewall.

All I need now is figure out the mounting bracket and the cable. This is the 3D bracket before I reinforced it with fiberglass. Gonna print another version that is more rigid.

Section 33 Parking Brake 2.5 Hours


No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...