Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Section 39: Seatback's

RV14 Build September

Seatback's


Start out making the piano hinge mounts.

You have to drill the hinges, like we did before with the fuselage. Separate and countersink the seat supports.

Match drilling the hinges.

I used my scribe to label the parts to I could keep the orientation after priming.

Match drilling the seat backs.

Prepping for prime.

About to spray.

Starting the assembly. 

Riveting together the seat backs.

Mixed up the orientation on the top bar and had to drill it out and start again.

When  I test fit the back support the piano hinged did not line up well so I decided make a new one for the seat back.

This drilling went much better. Time to prime the hinge.

Finish riveting.

Seat backs are done.

How can you not test fit it!


Time for some topcoat. Still using Stewart Systems Smoke Grey.


I forgot how to spray this stuff/didn't read it again. So I had to spray these a second time to get full coverage. But they turned out great.


Section 39: Seatbacks 13 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...