Friday, November 20, 2020

Section 61: Canopy Harness

 RV14 Build October

Canopy Harness

From other post I found it was a good idea to wire the Canopy Latch switch during the canopy build process. So these were already in place for the wiring.

You can see the coiled wire at the front of the canopy assembly.

So definitely optionally added more work for myself here. I didn't like the way the wire were planned to run from the defrost fans. So I removed the stop wires and soldered in #22 and spliced with a solder sleeve the ground from the vans into the ground from the canopy switch. I also spliced the power wires together in a more logical way so there is just 1 power for the fans, 1 ground for the fans and the canopy switch, and 1 switch signal/power wire.



All I need now is the LED light strip to wire in and terminate the ends into the molex.

Section 61: Canopy Harness 3.5 Hours



No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...