Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Section 38 Rear Window Install

 RV14 Build August 21

Canopy and Window

I waited on the rear window install to make it easier to get in and out of the plane to work. Now that I am moving to an airport its time get it installed. Don't use large clekoes to hold the window in place like I did. The black ones are bigger than #30 and I think one of them cracked the hole, luckily we caught it and were able to stop drill it.


Installed the roll bar screws with silicone sealant.

In the baggage tightening the screws down. None of these you can see a thread through so I may go through and replace them all. But I wanted to get the Pro seal set. I used a TINY nozzle from super glue bottle to get the proseal between the window and the fuselage, worked really well.

My tape plastic protection actually worked really well for keeping the fuselage clean.

Officially installed.

Rear Window Install 4 Man Hours




No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...