Monday, May 27, 2019

Elevator and Aft Fuselage Paint Prep May 27

RV14 Build May 27

Paint Prep


Spent the day cleaning metal to prep for priming tomorrow. Same process: Eco-Etch soak 1-3mins, scuff with scotch-brite, rinse well, dry, clean with alcohol or MEK and prime.

Lots of work ahead of me.

Making progress.

All the skins are done!

I decided that I want to try and prime the skins in a vertical orientation, maybe is will help my painting skills?


Finally done for the day!

having the table in the entry way instead of the storage rack was nice. So far I like the move I made for the shop. It gave me workable space even when the paint booth is down and taking up most of the shop.

Paint Prep Elevator 5.0 Hours, Paint Prep Rear Fuselage 2.0 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...