Friday, June 7, 2019

Elevator Assembly June 1

RV Build Build June 1

Elevator Assembly

I started off thinking I was gonna ProSeal the Elevator Trim Tab, but then I realized the 3.5oz size of ProSeal was not something I could mix in small batches and would have to be mixed all together so i put this part off until the elevators where ready to seal as well.
Elevator ProSeal

I decide to start with the left elevator rear spar and ribs. For some reason I couldn't find a good angle to get the squeezer on the ribs to spar rivets and had to shoot them. My skills in tight spots still need work, I missed up the primer. But on the plus side the primer does appear to be much more resilient than the old stuff I was using.
Elevator Front Spar

You can see the primer messed up on the ribs near the rivet heads.
Elevator Front Spar

Elevator Front Spar

After I had all the ribs installed in the left and right elevators I started to attach the skin to the front spar and rivet the spar and ribs to the Top Skin.
Top Elevator Skin

Although the skins are really beat up from getting moved around and scuffed I am still putting tape down to protect the area around the rivet heads from scuffing when shooting rivets.
Top Elevator Skins

Next three pictures are how I had the front spar set up on the bench to rivet.



Elevator 4.5 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...