Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Aft Fuselage Prep June 12

RV14 Build June 12

Aft Fuselage

Im still waiting on the 3m tape from amazon to finish the trailing edges on the Elevators so Im working on clean more of the metal edges for the Aft Fuselage. Same process as Always, I run the long edges past the 3m wheel and use the embry cloth first 150g then 400g on all the remaining edges. If I can use the Dremel or angle grinder with a 3m pad I will, but its rare that it works out.
Aft Fuselage Bulkhead Deburring

More Deburring and edge cleaning.
Aft Fuselage deburring bulkheads

Parts I still need to do before I prime the next round of parts.
Aft Fuselage Deburring bulkhead

Looking at the plans I could start dimpling and assembling the parts I primed, but I decided to make today just a deburring day. The plans have you dimple the aft bulkhead for flush rivets but they don't say what side needs to be flush! From looking ahead where the Vertical Stabilizer will mount on you want them flush on the rear side.

Aft Fuselage 4.0 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...