Friday, May 7, 2021

Avionics Panel More wiring tweaks

RV14 Build April

Avionics Panel

Every time I think I'm done with the wiring i decide to make another change. I didn't like the way the CPC was connected so I changed one to a bulkhead fitting. The CPC has all the wires from the center of the panel switches. I think stein did it this way to make panel removal easier?

I installed it in below the radio stack. Drilling in the tich spot wasn't easy so it didn't end up pretty but it works.

New pins installed

New Connector.

Next I knew I was going to need more room to install futur things like seat heaters so I decided to add a 10 circuit breaker panel. I added nutplates to the access panel the covers the center tunnel under the avionics sub panel.

Testing the location and fit

Final install. The power wire goes to the main bus so there is power anytime the battery master is on.

I didn't like the way that the cheap DB9 looked and I wanted to splice the RMP wires in to not have to run 2 more RPM wires to the Pmags so I repinned the DB9s for the Pmags.

Old cheapos

New Wiring plan.

RPM solder spliced in and the 2 shielded cables are spliced and grounded at the GEA24

New Pins on

2 very nice looking connectors. 

Avionics Wiring 5.0 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...