Friday, May 7, 2021

FWF OP 62 Kit mods for EXP119

  

RV14 Build March/April 21

Exp119 Mods

Starting off with the mods is the cowl flap or exhaust tunnel flap. Simple enough, gather the parts, prime, assemble.

Prime

Assemble

Adding nutplates and cushion clamps.

Time to drill the nutplate locations.

Drilling. The hard part is how do you dimple the skin. I pruchased a bit that fits into the rivet gun that will hold a dimple die and if I drill a hole into a bucking bar to hold the other end of the dimple die I can smash it into submission. Or I bought some oversized rivets/oops rivets for AN-2 with smaller heads than -3 that will just night a slight countersinking. still TBD.
Nutplate loctions.

I was back and forth on adding another firewall pass through like the one above it or the special one that hold 2 cables. In the end I decided to use the special one with the kit.

Fitting the snorkel is detailed in the whole baffle section but here is the part that is OP62.

The snorkel interferes with the cylinder 2 oil return line. So disconnected it for now.

After I fit the snorkel I realized the baffle was pushed out by the cylinder heater elements. So I removed the baffle and trimmed it. of course I had to start from the beginning on fitting the snorkel since everything shifted.

Finally a good fit.

Drilled holes for clekoes and I fluxed the top abne bottom of the snorkel parts together. 

The fuel flow sender mount plate.

I had to add spacers under the plate before the cushion claps. This allowed the sender to sit away from the oil sump a little better.

Exp119 Mods 22.0 Hours





No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...