Friday, May 7, 2021

FWF Section 45 Cowling: Bottom Cowl

RV14 Build April

Cowling

After waiting months I finally have the bottom cowl and I promptly made a mistake. You aren't supposed to trim the side of the cowl just yet, you wait until the top cowl is on to help with the alignment. Hopefully this doesn't mess me up in the future.

Taped the trim lines to make them easier to see when cutting.


Trimmed to the lines.

Just a cool shot I think

I spent WAY too long trying to get this to line up to drill 2 holes for clekos. Im not use to reading the instructions again after free wheeling the avionics.

Bottom Cowling 4.5 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...