Friday, May 7, 2021

Avionis Panel, Optional Ballenger O2 sensor

  

RV14 Build April

Avionics Panel

This probably isn't needed but after this article I got inspired.

Afterall I have already installed the 10 place circuit breaker panel for just an occasion. I ordered the kit and extra terminal ends so I could rewire with Mil Spec wire and have it be the correct length and because I like to do things the hard way I guess?

The connector on the sensor end you need a small flat head screwdriver to remove the pins. I could have reused the connector housing but didn't know that when I ordered it.

Making my harness. I spriced the ground from the controller and the sensor into 1 and ran it to the main grounding block.

View from the back looking forward. I just used hook and loop velco tape to hold it down for now.

The harness came wired for this ish. I had them install 5' of 3 contactor shielded cable on a GP slot. I dont need the HI just the GP3 and 3Lo. The ballenger manual has some confusion about where to hook the analog ground up to. Im going to try it in the 3Lo first and if that doesn't work ground it with the main grounding block.

Another view of the install.

Avionics Panel Ballenger 3.5 Hours




No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...