Sunday, May 9, 2021

FWF Section 44 Spinner and Propeller

RV14 Build May 21

Spinner and Propeller

Front and rear bulkhead are installed. I marked them with an X to keep there orientation after drilling the spinner.

I measured the drilling line and used the pre marked location on the spinner for the rear bulkhead, for the front I put magnets inside and used magnets to locate the drill location on the outside.

Made a small cross under the magnet and drilled hoping for the best. Some of my underside magnets had moved and my drill holes were a little off. To help this not be a problem I drill with a 3/32 first, then make sure I find the hole and then drill with #30. This way any off center drilling will be taken up by the #30 hole or the #19 hole later when drilling for a #8 screw.

All the #30 holes drilled.

Final drilled the #19 for the #8 screws.

Marking the prop gap filler.

After cutting out the prop gap filler I didn't like the fit or my cut lines.

So I decided to lay up a panel of fiberglass on the spinner to make a new prop gap filler. I put down packing tape and then waxed the tape. Using the spinner as a mold. The spinner is really thick so I went with 6 layers of cloth and figures I can sand down to match.

Making the prop gap filler baking plate.

Adding a slight bend to the backing plate.

Drilling the bulkheads for nutplates.

Spinner and Propeller 4.5 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...