Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Section 31 Fuel System

RV14 Build February 22 & March 31

Fuel System

Finally got the courage to bend the new tubing and flair it out. I bend most of the tubing at home since, well its more comfortable to work at home lol. I did for get the construction plans so I had to use a digital version. It wasn't too big of a setback since my bender radius is 1.5" and the plans use 1" so my bend weren't going to track the plans exactly.

The tube from the pump to the firewall has a weird double bend bend in it, I was trying to figure out how to lay that out and bend it with my tube bender.

 I accidentally installed one of the collars upside down, so now I cut it apart and re-bend. I was gald a reused as much of my first attempt at flaring tubing to make these new parts, it left lots of extra from the new 8' section I brought from vans.

Trying different ways to debur to get a clean flair. In the end I think a crap ton of oil to lubricate the flaring tool was the ticket.

Finally have all the lines in! Mine didn't line up perfectly to the fitting so some messaging of the tubes was required to take up the slack. You can buy pre-made lines after market...for $350ish that might have been worth it, but I wanted to give this a shot.

Fuel lines going into the selector, I still need to prime and the selector face will come off thats why the control knob is still removed.

Fuel lines are in and secure.

This last bend going down needed the most messaging to get the fittings to line up.

After I was done top coating I put the fuel selector back together 



Fuel System 6.5 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...