Monday, March 30, 2020

Section 34 Flap Actuation System and OP 54 Position sensor

RV14 Build March 19, 20, 31

Section 34 Flap Actuation System


I didn't really have time to start to prime and was waiting on some replacement parts and tools to do the repair so I decide to start on the flaps. I started with flap position sensor. Twisted the wires, installed the mini molex pins and then into the molex connector.

Thats when I realized the plans labeled the pins backwards of the plug, they do point this out to you, but come on!

I ordered the pin removal tool from vans, and just incase, new molex pins and connectors.

 Installing the position sensor rod into the bracket.

Close up of the rod in a plastic tube used as a bushing.

Drilling the flap actuation rod, the template you need for this comes with the wing kit, so if your like me and are building the fuselage first then you'll need to order the alignment template.


After I deburred and primed the inside of the tubes I installed them into the airplane.

Bracket installed and bolted.

Drilling the safety wire hole on the flap motor arm

Hole is done!
 Installing the flap motor

Just need to wire up the flap position sensor and the motor!

Safety wired, torqued, and torque seal applied.





Flap Actuation and Position Sensor 6.0 Man Hours


No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...