Saturday, February 15, 2020

Section 32 Baggage Area

RV14 Build February 10

Baggage Area


Started moving forward on the baggage area. I installed the flap rod guides already and now making the seat back hinges.

I was extra careful with these, since I had a rough go of it with the cowling hinge when it came to riveting. I made sure to be as exact as I could to get them cut and the hole drilled in the correct location. Don't think this level of accuracy is super important, just dont want to find out the hard way.

Hinges cut and centerline drawn. I would recommend drawing the line on both sides.

When you cleko them on the line is on the opposite side of the baggage area floor holes and makes it impossible to match drill along them this way.

In the hole above "lot" you can see a line that a transferred to the other side.

I decided I wanted panel powered headset Lemo jacks. The floors dont come with them cut and they are a double D hole so I had to try and "make" the holes.

First I drilled with a bit that was close the .49" distance across.

Then I tried to be very careful with a Dremel cutter and form the holes from that. When the harness arrives ill see how close I came!

Baggage 9.0 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...