Wednesday, June 9, 2021

FWF Section 44 Spinner and Propeller

RV14 Build May 21

Spinner and Propeller

I messed up my cut on the spinner gap seal so I had to lay up some fiberglass and carbon to build us layers for a new part.

After it cured.

Then I traced the outline of the opening

Cut the piece to the correct dimensions this time


Clamped and drilled the gap seal into place.


Then I trimmed all the way around the prop for inferences and making at least 1/8 gap at all pitch settings.


I am having some issues with the alternator alignment and have measuring and looking at it. The alternator seems like its 1/32 of an inch aft and tilted down in a different plane from the main spinner ring. Not sure what to do here. tbd.

Spinner and Propeller 5.5 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...