Wednesday, June 9, 2021

FWF Section 50 Control Cables and Cabin Head

RV14 Build June 21

Control Cables

The control cables finally came in so I roughed them in.


Cables installed and routed.

Getting the spherical grommet inplace ended up being a chore and I messed up the cable outside liner a bit, not happy about it.

My plan is to cover them in heat shrink to help protect them going forward.

Prop cable is hooked up and works! I did have to rotate the housing to get the alignment to the high and low RPM may need adjusted.

Getting the mixture and Prop cable lengths set.

I went with A-700 Push button cables to hold the cabin heat doors closed better. Finally installed them

Can see just the slightest cushion stop on the cabin heat.



Control Cables 8.0 Man Hours




No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...