Wednesday, June 9, 2021

FWF wiring routing and Pmags

 RV14 Build May 21


Figuring out how to route the ignition harnesses so they weren't bundles and had a good length.Next several photos just showes how I did it. I purchased some ignition harness wire separators, then ended up being a little large so 1 wrap of rescue tape on the harness clamped everything well.

You have to use a step drill to enlarge the hole of the cushion clamps. These are #7s. I need #8 for 1 since the alternate are cable will pass through it as well.

The harness are a fatter than standard magnetos, so the baffle pass through dont work as they are. TBD on how to fix that.

More routing.

Finally cutting and wiring in the Pmags.

Fairly straight forward. I did end up tinning the leads to help them not frey when installed.

I removed this cushion clamp to get the wires through, not necessary the wires will slide through so save yourself the trouble here.

Before I installed the second pmag I fogged the motor as best I could with ACF50.

Wiring up the second PMAG.

Running the ignition cables on this side.


After re reading the PMAG plans I realized my ground wire was too small so Im replacing this with 14awg.

Connecting the PMAG manifold pressure.

Installing CHT 2 and the fuel flow transducer and connecting to the wirring.



FWF Wire routing 14.0



No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...