Saturday, January 30, 2021

Section OP38 Electric Aieron Trim

RV14 Build August

Electric Aileron Trim

Installing the trim was relatively straight forward. First I cut the wing wires to length and re pinned.

After it was pinned I used lacing tape to clean it up.
Then I built the trim motor mount.

Installed the trim motor.

I used a "custom" 12V battery back I made to run the motor to get the arm at 90 degrees. I also previously had bent the arm so that it will hold steel springs off the push rod to help with chafing.


Next I marked on the pushrod the location of the cneter of the arm, then removed the pushrod for drilling.

I drilled and installed the mounts for the spring.

After installing the pushrod I installed the springs on to the trim motor. This is kind of a pain in the ass.


Section OP38 Electric Aileron Trim 6.5 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...