Sunday, July 7, 2019

Elevator Ribs June 21

RV14 Build June 21

Elevator

I'm finally ready to ProSeal the foam ribs into the elevators! I ordered the smaller thing from Van's from other forums this should be enough to do all of the elevator foam ribs and it was the BARELY, I would order 2 just so you don't have to stretch it so far.
Mixing the ProSeal

I started with the trim tab, after you proseal the ribs in you have to rivet the tab together unlike the elevators that cure for several days first before riveting.
Elevator Trim Tab

Riveting the trim tab

Next I moved on the the elevators, it was basically a straight forward process. After you seal them put a weighted board on top to help everything law flat when curing.

Used just about every bit I could get out of the container!

Elevators 3.0 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...