Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Aft Fuselage Assembly July 8

RV14 Build July 8

Aft Fuselage

New tool!! Smaller yoke so hopefully I can fix the holes I forgot to dimple in the elevators and can officially call those done. Fingers crossed it works!
 See how much small it is! Hopefully it will fit into that tight space

Back a few days ago I decided it would be a good idea to prime the lower skin when the side skins overlapped. I think that was a good plan, just poorly executed! I didn't remove all of the etch because it seeped under the tape and then dried and your not suppose to let it do that, turns out thats because it will continue to etch the metal and start what looked like surface corrosion. So I rewetted the area with etch per the instructions and cleaned it off VERY well this time, scotch brite the areas that looked like they needed it and primes. I just used a rattle can for this, because the part of the primer that isn't covered by the side skins I wanted to be easier to remove when it came time to paint.
Aft Fuselage

Ok, now that old mistakes are taken care of for the day on to new business. Dimpling the side skins, assembling the aft fuselage and mocking in the electrical, Which I ran down the wrong channel! Lucky i noticed before I finished riveting everything together the next day.

Trying to make sense of the cable bundles and where they go in the plans!

Starting to look like an Airplane!

I think I have everything mocked up

View from the back

Turns out this is where I was suppose to run the cables, lucky I caught this before finishing riveting.

Just really like this picture!

Aft Fuselage 10 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...