Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Aft Fuselage

RV 14 Build September 13 & 17

Aft Fuselage

My replacement horizontal stab attach bar support angle showed up and I was able to get it cut, prepped and primed on the first day of work.

This is the plans for the rework.
Horizontal Stab Support Angle

I have a better understanding of what the angle does and where it sits, it definitely helped in the fabrication knowing how it will be used.
Horizontal Stab Support Angle

Overall Im happier with this version of the support angle than the first, I did have to go back and hit it with a little more primer after it was done drying I noticed my coverage on part wasnt great.
Horizontal Stab Support Angle

Time to work the install!
Horizontal Stab Support Angle

Getting ready to match drill the hole that I messed up the first time around.

Match drilling successful this time!
Horizontal Stab Support Angle

Pretending to rivet for the Camera lol
Horizontal Stab Support Angle

Done! And this completes Section 10: Aft Fuselage
Horizontal Stab Support Angle

Aft Fuselage Hours 4.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...