Saturday, October 12, 2019

Fuselage Inventory and organizing the shop

RV14 Build October 2 & 4

Fuselage


Continuing the inventory and organizing the shop!

Lots of counting. In the end I was only missing a few pieces of hardware.

Still counting

Things are starting to get organized. I separated all of the different rivets, pop rivets, nuts, bolts etc into their own bags and labeled everything. Made notations on the pull sheet to reference my new categories. Everything will then get put into plastic storage separators by type. AN426, AN470, Pop Rivets, and Hardware.


Boom! All organized and nice.

Now its time to reorganize the shop to fit everything in here.

Before.

After. I moved my storage racks against the other wall because this was kind of a dead space in the shop for me and put the shipping container on top of them to store the larger longer pieces still. I covered it with shipping paper just t help keep things clean. Way up top left is the Empennage control surfaces and in the top right above the paint booth is the rear fuselage.


Inventory 6.5 Man Hours, Shop 2.0 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...