Monday, January 21, 2019

Horizontal Stabilizer January 17th

January 17th

Horizontal Stabilizer
I started out today deburring the Front HS Spar same process at the Rear from yesterday. Then I cut the Front HS Spar Stiffeners with the Dremel and deburred them, mostly with the Scotch-Brite wheel.

After cutting the stiffeners I had to clamp them to the Front Spar for match drilling. This was the first time on the project that I had to do this much fabrication. Especially with lining up the stiffeners to ensure they were aligned correctly. First you drill the Spar Web, remove the stiffeners debur the parts, re-clamp the part, and drill the flanges. Then repeat for the lower stiffener.




After this I Match Drilled and Final Drilled the Spar doubler. There are a handful of drill sizes and several needed to be counter sunk, so basically...Pay Attention!

I am running out of floor space so I have decided to hang a shelf up high with a piece of plywood to store parts, finished and raw.


Horizontal Stabilizer 7.5 Hours, Shop 1.5 Hours


No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...