Monday, January 21, 2019

Finishing the Rudder January 5th

January 5th

Rudder

Today I installed the spar assembly I riveted together on December 24th. Just 3 pop rivets connecting the spar to the stiffener clips.

Everything was going smooth until I reached the rudder horn. The distance from the rivet hole and the horn was tight to get the rivet squeezer into and on the top one the rivet popped out a bit while I was setting it, similar to the rivet in the stiffener that I skipped on accident above.

This time I decided to drill it out and reset it. This was surprisingly easy and made me regret not doing this to the other rivet.

Next I installed the rudder horn brace. I really don't know how you would get this installed without a rivet squeezer to set these rivets.




I am still having issues getting the rivet squeezer to set the larger rivets. I playing with the settings still and have worked the rivets to a level on happy with, but it shouldn't be this hard. I think Im still not doing something right.

Rudder 6.0 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...