Saturday, August 8, 2020

Quick Build Wing

RV14 Build July 24

Quick Build Wing

Prep and Inventory

A few months delayed because of COVID but they are finally here! Once I knew they were coming I called Stein Air and ordered all the things I could think of that will go into the wings. So its been like Christmas around here!

Magnetometer
Outside air temp probe, this I have decided to install in the wing root area on the fuselage. Save the wiring in the wing so easier to install and les drag lol.
Heated Pito, Roll Servo, Pito and AOA lines
I also ordered and put together the Seven Star Landing lights from FlyLeds. 

Okay back to the fun news. Stewart Transport for great! I would use them again and again for any quick build where you don't want it crated and possible damaged.
Just my wings and 1 more QB14 Fuselage left to deliever.
The wings hang on the side of the truck, makes unloading way simple.
In a previous post I made the wing cradle, its almost perfect. the carpet loops are too long but thats and easy fix. The crate is all the wing parts and control surfaces.
Inventory and inspection time.

There isn't a ton of parts which is nice. But the inspection takes some time. Reading the plans step by step and making sure everything is done.Wing selfie.I did have a decent amount of surface corrosion on the wing skins and the flanges on the bottom of the ribs. I talked to Vans about it, no real apology or offer to "make it right" more just the Philippines is a humid environment as is the shipping crate. While I knew all this, I guess I assumed they would have caught it in there inspection before shipping to me?More CorrosionMy very official record of the missing inventory parts.

The inspection the 3 SB187-2 missing.


And I found these hole not countersunk, but that was all I could find....so far.


QBW Inventory and Inspection 7.5 Man Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...