Sunday, May 3, 2020

Section 36 Aileron and Elevator Systems

RV14 Build April 24th

Aileron and Elevator Systems

Since Im waiting on the wings I decided to put the tail together and rig the elevator.


Now that everything is back together I tested the elevator travel and it was close to the travel for the control surface deflection memo, but almost 5 degrees off what the plans call for.


I didn't know about the memo at the time, I only had the plans so I started to grind on the AFT Deck per the instructions. This made me really nervous, but in the end I achieved the control surface deflection required.



Only need a little of the forward left elevator horn deck stop ground.


When I was building the fuselage, I took the opportunity to grind the stops at the control stick so they where basically good. Since I took so much material off the aft deck I did need to grind the stops a touch more at the control stick in the aft stick movement direction.

Up Deflection

Down Deflection

I then the template to adjust the elevator bell crank and the pushrod ends.



While I was climbed up into the tail I decided to hook up the Garmin Yaw servo cables.


Now time for a test for the elevator and rudder!


Aileron and Elevator Systems 6 hours
Garmin AutoPilot Servo 1 Hours


No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...