Sunday, March 10, 2019

Horizontal Stabilizer and Shop March 8

March 8

Horizontal Stabilizer

Got back to the shop today, spent most of the time deburring the rest of the HS ribs.


The Emery Cloth does a really nice job of getting into the tighter parts on the ribs are deburring. I am starting with the dremel green Scoth-Brite pads, then going over it with the 320 grit and finally the 600. I was just the 400 and calling it good, but I got worried it was to course. So a little extra time, but it makes me feel better. Then i do all the edges with the Scoth-Brite wheel that it can reach, that thing deburs in no time, so much easier!


Finally finished all the deburring!

Next the plans have you bend angles onto 4 or the pieces, this was easy enough just used the edge seamer and bent slightly. 


Now I have to make cradles to build the HS structure in. The plans say to use the shipping container wood, which is nice because I need to cut that up and clear out the space its taking up in the shop anyway.



Final HS jigs.




Next I decided t cut up the rest of the shipping crate to get it out of my space.


I repurposed the 2x4 legs to use as header boards for the raised storage shelf I said I wanted to put in.


Stopped by home depot on the way home and picked up the rest of the wood that I think I need to build my shelf. Ive never done this before, and I intend to put the finished pieces up there so the are stores safe until I need them in final assembly so I really hope google didn't lie to me about how to install header boards!

Horizontal Stabilizer 3.0 Hours, Shop 2.5 Hours




No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...