Monday, December 3, 2018

Just an hour on the Vertical Stabilizer today

Vertical Stabilizer 

I didn't expect to get to the shop today, but I found about 2 hours today to bring over some new tools and work on the rudder a bit. Mom requested some photos with me in them so these are for you, Love you Mom! I think Im going try and use my old iPhone to record videos that I can talk over to narrate whats going on, I think I will be able to communicate my progress better that way? I guess we will see.
I decided to order more parts to replace the holes that I drilled wrong last week, the parts are cheap now and if they crack in the future the work and cost will be 100X. So another call to Vans and more waiting on more parts for the Vertical Stabilizer. Good news was today I didn't make any mistakes that need new parts, that I know of, Yeah learning to read plans!!
Vertical Stabilzer

I take that back, as I was writing this the Fedex guy dropped off the parts for the Vertical Stabilizer!
My First Mistake new parts are here and hopefully tomorrow I can get them match drilled and when my second mistake parts, see above, show up I can finish the VS.


Paint Booth
I picked up a shop light at Menards the other day, I think it just what I need to get good light into the booth when the painting starts! I orders paint from Steward Aircraft Systems. I went with them because its non-flammable, non-hazardous, and contains lower VOCs than other options.
Also got a Dremel Tool to use for cutting and deburring. The cutting wheel works great for trimming Rudder stiffeners. After cutting the stiffeners I deburred the edges on the 6" Scoth-Brite cut polish wheel. I need to be more research on edge deburring, I feel like I might be doing more work than needed.


Rudder 1.5 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before Start and First flight testing

 R14 Build August & September 21 Testing Getting into the fun stuf!! Putting gas in for the first time. Have the airplane up to get 15 d...